A Recognition Program for Solutions Offering Innovation, Insight, and Initiative via Connected Health
Minneapolis, MN – TripleTree announces a “call for applications” for the 6th Annual TripleTree iAwards for Connected Health.
Since 2005, TripleTree has invested countless hours researching and advising best-in-class companies with connected health delivery platforms – solutions that leverage wireless, social and cloud technologies to connect disconnected systems and add intelligence to how health information is accessed and shared. Over the past five years, the growth and popularity of the iAwards has become synonymous with the impact of wireless, cloud, and social technologies on healthcare.
Our long held premise has been that innovation in healthcare will come from outside the industry, and hundreds of connected health companies across the payer, provider, employer and healthcare services landscapes have applied for this recognition. Since 2009, notable iAward applicant solutions have included:
- Sensor technologies that monitor exercise, ambient movement and sleep patterns
- Proximity solutions that sense chronic conditions and diseases
- Invasive and non-invasive monitoring of blood sugar and heart rate
- Supply chain solutions that tracked and optimized the location of medical and surgical equipment
- Apps for helping patients access care plans and track vital signs
- Remote monitoring tools for elder care, including emergency call center services
- Remote telephonic and video physician consults
- Social networking tools that enhance care and connect like-minded healthcare consumers
- Medication adherence solutions
Twelve iAward Finalists are invited to present at the annual Convergence Summit of the Wireless-Life Sciences Alliance (WLSA) which annually attracts over 350 healthcare executives, innovators, thought leaders and investors from across the globe. They will also be invited to attend an exclusive dinner in conjunction with the Summit and new for 2014, iAward Winners will have the opportunity to participate in a private business review session.
Online applications for the 2014 iAwards will be through March 20. Twelve finalists will be named in April, and three winners will be announced at WLSA’s 9th Annual Convergence Summit May 14-16, 2014 in San Diego, CA.
This year, iAward applicants will be evaluated on a range of criteria including the uniqueness of their solution; marketplace traction; clinical, operational or consumer relevance; size of addressable market and international presence across three categories:
- Operational Effectiveness: Solutions that address the financial, compliance or operational needs of a healthcare organization.
- Clinical Effectiveness: Solutions that address the care delivery and clinical effectiveness for a patient.
- Consumer Engagement: Solutions that empower consumers to make better healthcare decisions.
Online applications can be accessed at the TripleTree (www.triple-tree.com) and Wireless-Life Sciences Alliance (wirelesslifesciences.org/what-we-do/convergence-summit) websites. The application fee is $195.
TripleTree is an independent merchant bank focused on mergers and acquisitions, financial restructuring, and principal investing services. Since 1997, the firm has advised and invested in some of the most innovative, high-growth businesses in healthcare.
About Wireless-Life Sciences Alliance (WLSA)
The Wireless-Life Sciences Alliance (WLSA) is a special purpose trade organization committed to accelerating the adoption of innovative healthcare technologies. Our community includes CEOs, senior level executives, and entrepreneurs, companies of all sizes, foundations, educational institutions, scientists, physicians, and policy makers. The WLSA is dedicated to creating value and improving health, globally, by accelerating the adoption of technologies that empower consumers and innovative institutions. WLSA partners and companies all over the world are using wireless and connected health innovations to better manage chronic conditions, preempt disease and improve the lives of the elderly and under-served populations around the world.
About WLSA Wireless Health Convergence Summit
The Wireless Health Convergence Summit is the WLSA’s annual flagship conference where healthcare, technology and communication leaders convene to discuss pivotal issues facing the industry in an environment that enables networking and engages all key stakeholders with a shared mission to move the wireless health ecosystem forward. Attendees include health care strategists, thought leaders, policy experts, entrepreneurs, senior executives, scientists, innovators and investors.