Organization Name: Southern California Biotechnology Center
Organization description: The Southern California Biotechnology Center at San Diego Miramar College (SCBC) provides customized training and degree and certificate programs in Applied Biotechnology, Medical Laboratory Technology and Wireless Health. By partnering with industry the SCBC provides support to students and incumbent workers through special trainings, workshops and innovative internship programs. SCBC endeavors to promote educational efforts in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) through special events and training and supporting high school & college educators throughout the region. Learn more at: www.scbcmiramar.org.
California Community College Economic & Workforce Development (CCCEWD) invests in California’s economic growth and global competitiveness through industry-specific education, training and services that contribute to a highly skilled and productive workforce. Learn more at www.cccewd.net.
The SCBC Wireless Health Training Center is an industry-driven collaborative offering:
- Agile, performance-oriented, sensor-agnostic platform for training to an industry-recognized certificate
- Short-course and workshop formats for effective and efficient training for incumbent workers and students
- Stackable credentials for adopters and developers of WH products
- WH Internship program
- Educator workshops
- WH career pathways educational materials
- Customized training for WH companies
Address: San Diego Miramar College, 10440 Black Mountain Road, San Diego, CA 92126
Contact Information: (619) 388-7490